REPEAT AFTER ME:
- mental illnesses ARE NOT a fashion trend
- mental illnesses SHOULD NOT be romanticised
- people SHOULD NOT LIE about having mental illnesses just to seem “deep” or “interesting” or “edgy
- mental illnesses SHOULD be taken seriously
- IT IS A REAL PROBLEM THAT AFFECTS MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AND IS NOT “QUIRKY” IT IS AN ILLNESS THAT AFFECTS THE MIND AND HOW YOU FUNCTION ON A DAILY BASIS
Not all toxic people are cruel and uncaring. Some of them love us dearly. Many of them have good intentions. Most are toxic to our being simply because their needs and way of existing in the world force us to compromise ourselves and our happiness. They aren’t inherently bad people, but they aren’t the right people for us. And as hard as it is, we have to let them go. Life is hard enough without being around people who bring you down, and as much as you care, you can’t destroy yourself for the sake of someone else. You have to make your wellbeing a priority. Whether that means breaking up with someone you care about, loving a family member from a distance, letting go of a friend, or removing yourself from a situation that feels painful — you have every right to leave and create a safer space for yourself.
Do not hate homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, ect
But do not hate heterosexuals.
Do not hate trans*gender, agender, non-binary people
But do not hate cissexuals.
Do not hate people of color
But do not hate white people.
Do not hate women
But do not hate men.
Do not hate Christians
But do not hate atheists.
Hatred only breeds more hatred. Is it that hard to understand?
This needs more attention than it’s gotten.
- parents: ugh newborns are awful i havent slept in weeks and they cost so much
- parents: ugh toddlers are awful everything is broken and i havent slept past 5 in weeks and they cost so much
- parents: ugh children are awful all they do is want want want and never give back and they cost so much
- parents: ugh pre teens are awful for many many reasons
- parents: ugh teenagers are awful theyre lazy slobs who dont do anything and they cost so much
- parents: having kids ruined my body, my house, my bank, and my social life
- kid/teen/young adult/adult: i dont want kids
- parent: wHaaATT YOU DONT WANT KIDS? HOW CAN YOU NOT WANT THEM THEYRE WONDERFUL YOU'LL CHANGE YOUR MIND WHEN YOU GET OLDER